Memory Care at Seasons At La Jolla
What is Memory Care?
As an assisted living residence specializing in care for those with Dementia, Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of memory loss, According to the Alzheimer’s Association, “dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability severe enough to interfere with daily life. Memory loss is an example. Alzheimer’s is the most common type of dementia. Dementia is not a specific disease. It’s an overall term that describes a wide range of symptoms associated with a decline in memory or other thinking skills severe enough to reduce a person’s ability to perform everyday activities.” Such as Stroke, Parkinson, Heart Attack, and Alcohol induced Dementia.
How do I know if my relative needs a secure environment like Seasons at La Jolla?
Yes, our Resident Care Director will come to your loved one and assess personal care needs and, with family input and collaboration, devise a plan on how to best meet them, medically and socially every day. This plan also includes input from the leadership team to make sure all clinical and non-clinical bases are covered in the plan developments.
What is included in the monthly rent?
In addition to the rental of the apartment, the monthly rent also includes:
- Three meals a day in one of our two household dining areas
- Access to a private courtyard garden adjacent to activities areas
- Medication management and dispensing
- Transportation to scheduled doctors’ appointments – additional cost
- Transportation to local activities
- Supervised, structured and stimulating activities 7 days a week, 12 hours a day and outings
- Resident laundry cleaned by staff in laundry rooms in the households
- Weekly linens and housekeeping services as needed
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning